How To Become A Positive Person?
This easy guide on how to become a positive person can be what you want to achieve greatness
You may already experience some of the benefits of positive thinking: a general feeling of well being, a steady positive attitude to deal with negative circumstances successfully, attracting acts of serendipity and positive events to your life...
Now, how to become a positive person?
The secret lies in making small changes bit by bit, so overtime you achieve a more positive attitude.
Most of us tend to direct our thinking toward the negative rather than the positive.
We fear what may happen and dwell on the uncertainty of life as if events were to turn out bad toward us.
The key is re-training your mind to focus on the positive, in such a way that after a while it does so almost automatically.
Here are some tips on how to become a positive person:
- Put yourself on your side! Make a commitment to yourself to become a more positive person.
Don't do it because others want you to or as a reaction to somebody else's opinions; do it for you and because of you. You will be the one to reap the benefits in the first place.
- Make a change in your attitude and your words. "I hope it doesn't rain" can be swapped by "It would be nice to have a sunny day"; a long commuting to work that you always thought as tiring can be seen as a brilliant opportunity to listen to music, read, or chat with a stranger.
It all depends on the point of view. Mike Dooley explains the power that our words have in shaping our reality in "Infinite Possibilities".
- Get yourself two or three books on positive thinking and make a point of reading at least ten pages a day.
This will make a difference on the way you look at life overtime. Besides, some of the books on positive thinking that you can find are real keys to enjoying a better life.
- Surround yourself with positive and uplifting people. When you meet someone that makes you feel better because they look on the bright side of life, decide to speak with them more often.
Pay attention to the way they see life and the words they choose to use.
- Create your own set of affirmation cards with positive thinking affirmations that you can carry with you and read anytime, anywhere.
You could read the whole set of affirmations in the first hour of the day and before you go to sleep for a number of days, and observe the good impact this habit has on you.
- Purchase a good software program on positive thinking. Some programs out there are definitely worth it and can help you become more positive.
I have reviewed for you the positive program Quantum Mind Power, which helps you deal with long term issues and expand your awareness, and Holosync, which is meditation program that also contributes to expanding awareness.
- Check the following resources to find more tools on how to become a positive person.
A thought at a time
As Louise Hay puts it in "You can heal your life", we are dealing with a thought and just a thought at any given time, and a thought can always be changed.
Even the most difficult or painful of circumstances is not so when you change the way you think about it.
You don't need to change the circumstances, but you can choose the way you think about them.
The great tool of persistence
All these tips are helpers for you to learn how to become a positive person. The greatest tool you can have is persistence, as there is no doubt that you will have "down" times and you will go through difficult circumstances, which will test your attitude.
It's easier to not make an effort and be negative. I take that you want to strive for excellence and become as positive as you can be, so take the difficult path, being sure you will be rewarded. See you on the other side!
"Take a risk. You have the power within to move mountains"
Back From "How To Become A Positive Person"
To "Positive Habits"