My Job Is Challenging...
How To Keep A Positive Attitude
At The Work Place?
Keeping a positive attitude at the work place
is easier with these key steps
If you haven't been born rich or you haven't left the rat race yet, then you may find yourself working at something you don't really enjoy, or in a job that is tiring and stressful.
I found myself doing a job I simply didn't like and working for awful bosses a few times in my life.
In one case I just walked out. With the help of positive thinking, I found a much better job with a better pay within two weeks.
Now I wouldn't recommend you just walk out of your job!
It is much wiser to learn how to keep a positive attitude at the work place, and then make your way to some other job you really enjoy, or even to set up your own business.
In fact, sometimes having difficult circumstances at work can help you to come to a whole new level of understanding. I experienced having to deal with a very controlling boss, and because I could not leave my job and had to deal with her I worked through the conflict to arrive at a situation of calm (find the full story in 'From Conflict To Calm').
The following steps to maintain a positive attitude at the work place could help you to take it easy and be at peace with the job situation you currently have:
- Firstly, remember always that what you give in, you take out. So if you have a bad job, badly paid or with terrible bosses, ask yourself what are you doing to manifest that reality. What attitude do you keep towards your job?
Be relaxed and smiley, making a point of keeping a positive attitude at the work place, and you will soon see how that reflects around you.
- Start looking at your job with kind eyes. Make a list of all the positive aspects of your job: perhaps you work in an office and don't have to suffer the weather; perhaps you deal with people that you can learn from. Find inspiration in these reasons to go to work.
When you focus on the good aspects of your job and feel thankful for them, you attract more things to be thankful for.
- Talk about what works. As in every job, not everything is perfect or goes well. But if you've noticed, most people at work talk about what does not work.
You can choose to make a difference and talk about what does work: the way the new software has made a certain task easier, the good relationships with whatever manager, the latest accomplishment of the company.
- Be diligent and proactive. On the one hand, if you don't like your tasks you will "suffer" them for longer if you delay doing them.
On the other hand, when you finish all you have to do you achieve a sense of accomplishment and the inner peace that everything is done.
- Do the most difficult thing. For a certain time, I chose to do the most difficult thing at my job.
That not only made me feel great about my capabilities, but also helped me grow as a person and gained me a promotion and a pay rise within six months. Much more than I had bargained for!
- Be positive. Whether you have problems at home or in any other area, or feel negative for any reason, don't be the complainer that goes around telling how difficult your life is.
You don't want to experience your life as one who cannot deal with what comes, but rather as someone who accepts what is and has a positive attitude outlook.
Everybody wants to associate with a positive person; a negative person is frequently avoided.
- Remember that everyone is doing the best they can with what they know at each moment.
Sometimes I may think, "Why does that person keeps on doing that task in such a terrible manner?", and stir in myself negative feelings; it does help a lot to remember that everybody is doing the best they can, just like you, and that nobody has an instructions manual on how to do everything perfectly.
- Ideally you would relate to everybody, but make it a point to relate to positive people specially.
Go with your intuition and your observations on those people who always have a smile, who talk about possibilities, and who show a zest for life.
Positive attitudes are contagious. Relate daily to the uplifting colleagues and you will see your positive attitude raise as well.
You could also use the Quantum Mind Power program to help you have a more positive attitude at the work place.
Through its set of soothing soundtracks the Quantum Mind Power helps you become more aware of yourself and your own attitudes. Read a review of Quantum Mind Power here.
By keeping a positive attitude at the work place you can make your life much more relaxed. Start loving what you do and the people you work with as much as you can, and accepting what you have at the moment.
If you want to have a different job or to work for yourself, get busy picturing exactly how you would like your job to be like. Having such a goal can make you feel enthusiastic and have a positive attitude at present, while you work for a better future.
On the other hand... it's never too late for breakfast! Have you ever considered setting up your own business? You can create a profitable online business while writing about what you love: check out My Secret - or how a girl like me created a web site like this...
See you on the other side!
"Everyone enjoys doing the kind of work for which he is best suited."
Back From "Positive Attitude At The Work Place"
To "Having A Positive Attitude"