Thankfulness... not just the last Thursday in November

by Darin
(Fort Lewis WA)

I want to applaud you for this blog. Too often we complain about what we do NOT have. This is the glass half empty syndrome in my humble opinion. Our society seems to focus more on the negative in most aspects of life.


Take the people who report our weather for us. They say things like, "Today it will be partly cloudy with a 30% chance of rain". There is another way to look at that, might it be mostly sunny with a 70% chance it won't rain? People complaining that they have run out of room in their refrigerator. Isn't that a good thing? That means you have an abundance of food.

I think that when we adopt a grateful attitude and make it an everyday part of our lives, our whole demeanour changes. We begin to have a positive outlook on a daily basis. We are happier, healthier, and life takes on a different "bend". It is no wonder the apostle Paul said things like "In all things give thanks, and I thank God every time I think of you (Philippines 1:3).

I have been apart from my family for 3 months now while attending an Army course. I can sulk and say "Woe is me", or I can be thankful that I even HAVE a family to miss. Your blog has reminded me to sincerely be thankful not just on the last Thursday of November, but to adopt thankfulness as a way of life.

"Thank God in everything no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks, for this is the will of God for you who are in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will (1Thes. 5:18)."

Comments for Thankfulness... not just the last Thursday in November

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Nov 15, 2011
Rating
starstarstarstarstar
you are quite welcome
by: Darin

You are so welcome Cristina. I really enjoyed posting it.. Have a great day!..and oh yeah..be thankful!

Nov 15, 2011
Rating
starstarstarstarstar
Thank you
by: Cristina

Hi Darin - thank you for that! I love the flip towards the positive that you so easily point at. No doubt, gratitude is one of the quickest ways to really feel good about life! Thank you for sharing this :-)

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Things You Are Thankful For.

'Yes To Life'

'Yes To Life' contains tips and techniques to deal better with the challenges of life and to maintain a state of peace and joy.


Click here to buy your copy now

***

Make sure you get your copy of the newsletter...

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)
Then

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Dare To Play It Big.

Recommended
Reviews: