The Top 5 Books on the Motivation for Students in 2018
by Robert Everett
For every human being, one of the most responsible and terrifying life events is becoming a student. It is a step you have to make as a grown-up and conscious person, so let’s take it seriously.
Why is it so frightening to become a student? Mostly because it’s stressful. Just imagine tha tyou have to choose who you want to be and what you want to do your whole life at quite a young age. It is a huge responsibility as one have to deal with all the consequences of the choice - paying student loans, having food and accommodation expenses, buying expensive course books, spending sleepless nights studying and/or working. Doesn’t seem to be a piece of cake and would be horrible if you worked so hard for something you actually regretted. Suppose, you’re a lucky one and are sure about your future career choice, there are still some pitfalls - a lot of people tend to call them “motivation problems”. It is quite natural that at some point we may feel tired of everything, unmotivated and lack inspiration –we are not machines after all.
Luckily, there are many ways to find that inspiration and motivation nowadays. Every student is able to access best inspirational books on the Internet or bookshops in case they prefer the traditional way of reading. The variety of self-motivation books will surprise you greatly - from inspirational fiction books to non-fiction documentaries written by experts from different science fields.
We will concentrate your attention on the top 5 list of motivational books that can help you become not only a successful student but a better version of yourself in general. So, here we go:
1. “I could do anything if only I knew what it was” by Barbara Sher with Barbara Smith. An author of numerous best selling motivational books, Barbara Sher shares her own life stories and experiences as well as her clients' stories which serve a great dose of inspiration. If you feel lost and can’t really understand your true calling, this book is a must! You will learn to listen to your inner voice and follow your real passions and dreams, as well as turn them into career or lifestyle. From now on you’ll remember that there are no silly dreams and it’s vital to listen to your heart. You’ll be bound to want to read some of her other books, so we’ll leave her official website here: http://www.barbarasher.com.
2. “Drive; the surprising truth about what motivates us” by Daniel Pink. New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Publishers Weekly and Amazon best selling book from one of the top 50 business analytics in the world will tell you about different types of motivation, it’s short or long-lasting effects and will teach you to stay motivated as long as you need it. Containing quite a lot of terms and research studies it is still easy and enjoyable to read.
3. “The Power of Habit” by Charles Duhigg. Where motivation can’t be a long-term solution, comes the power of habit and self-discipline. We all have bad habits and want to get rid of them. This book will teach you how to do it properly and bring all spheres of your life to a higher quality level. Changing habits takes time, but it’s not as difficult as it may first seem. Definitely check this book out!
4. “Mindset: the new psychology of success” by Carol Dweck. Written by a professor of psychology and being positively reviewed by lots of authoritative establishments and such famous personalities like Bill Gates, the book is a guideline for a better life. Professor Dweck teaches us how our attitude can influence everything we do in all life spheres and bring us to a happy and successful life. For sure, it is suitable not only forstudents but also for teachers, parents, bosses you name it. Such a gem!
5. “The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck” by Mark Manson. Even the title itself is worth a lot of attention! Having such a controversial name, the extraordinary style of this book will amaze you with some deep thoughts and life stories. Youw ill definitely be shaken by its content and will eagerly want to rethink a bunch of issues in your own living. Make sure you really think about each chapter and be honest with yourself - only then it will work its magic effectively.
By now this top motivational books should have made you search for one of them! Not motivated enough yet? Maybe another life story will push you in the right direction.
Robert Everett has always enjoyed creating pieces of writing, but he didn’t even think about becoming a writer. After obtaining his Bachelor of Law degree, he started a practice in a law firm. At that time Barbara Sher’s book came to his hands and changed Robert’s life completely. He finally followed his passion and started a blog.